Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Apatheism -- I feel so much better now

ahhh, it feels like home.

dearest pete lloyd, in his internet meanderings, has come across my life philosophy. I always knew I never quite fit in either the agnostic nor atheist box, and in discussions with mr. jones I kind of figured out I was a humanist, but now, there is a perfect word for my beliefs. apatheism.



Here is the definition, just in case you belong, too:

Apatheism (a portmanteau of apathy and theism/atheism), also known as pragmatic or critically as practical atheism, is acting with apathy, disregard, or lack of interest towards belief, or lack of belief in a deity. Apatheism describes the manner of acting towards a belief or lack of a belief in a deity; so applies to both theism and atheism. An apatheist is also someone who is not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist. In other words, an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to his or her life; nor to human affairs.


Feel better? Still don't care? That's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment