Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy 42nd (St.) Birthday! (NSFW - really!!)

Yeah, so I'm 42 year sold today...so what? Like you're gonna stay 29 forever, smarty?

Sorry; us old fogies get cranky easy.

Anyway, nothing special today; no party or nothin' - like I need reminded of how much closer I am to meeting the Grim Reaper. Sheesh....

You may be wondering about the St. in parentheses in the title. Not to get away from the fact that I have gray hair growing out my ears now, but 42nd Street is a reference to the grindhouse classification of films, which reminds me of the film Grindhouse which made an absolute crater from its resounding bombing at the ol' box office. Shouldn't have, but it did.

I saw it. It was good - great idea for a film and well-executed. My favorite part of it, though, were the fake trailers made exclusively for the film and peppered throughout it. If you like grimy, sleazy films with lots of blood, violence, gore sex, nudity and no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Here then - a gift to you on this, the day of my birth - the four same-said fake trailers from Grindhouse. Watch at your own discretion. Oh, and NSFW - duh.

Here's Robert Rodriguez' donation: Machete....



This trailer is from Rob Zombie: the wonderfully titled Werewolf Women Of The S.S.....



Edgar Wright's trailer: Don't....



And Thanksgiving from Eli Roth (as if we needed more proof that he is some kind of mad genius).



So there you have it. Now you know what grindhouse is and what great movie trailers are supposed to look like. A two-fer!

...and how to celebrate a 42nd birthday. Yee-haw.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment