Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Univarn: A Blogger Missed Around Here...

It seems I have ticked off yet another blogger.

Yeah yeah, I know: so what else is new?  It's not like you leave many readers happy, Dope.  Hey, no news here.

Problem is that the blogger in question this time out, Univarn (pictured here) is one of those bloggers whom I used to read quite constantly over at A Life In Equinox.

But even since I insulted his sensibilities - and apparently those of the LAMMY voting constituents - with my post back in April, wherein I tried (and failed) to promote myself for a LAMMY, he let me know that thsi was the wrong way to go about it.

Well, duh.

Rest assured, I will not even try to run next year on the basis of my all-out failure this year, but that's neither here nor there.

For those who missed the fireworks, here is his response to my clomping about:
Univarn said...
Oh no.... you didn't. You went Full Self Promo. You never go Full Self Promo! At best you play Half Self Mocking Promo. Or Mini Self Promo. Shame... you had such potential.
And with that, he has completely shut himself off.

What do I mean?  He has not posted here since then, the last mention I got on HIS blog was back on April 4th, a good 19 days before my spouting off.  Before that, a mention at least once a month, constant talking-up.  Whole nine yards-plus.  See what happens when you lose your potential?

I guess I'm getting at the fact that I miss seeing his sigs on my posts every so often and at least dropping in with a commentary.  He's one of these erudite types who classes up the joint, natch, and when he isn't around to let you know you're on the point or that you stink, well, you miss that.

It's a given that he isn't reading my blog anymore, seeing as he hasn't commented on anything here or on A Life In Equinox in over three months.  But just in case he is:

Uni, I promise I will never self-promote myself again.  Sorry I insulted your intelligence with such dross and, in the process, squandered what potential I seemed to have had.  But hey, there's still time to catch the downward spiral if you want to be part of that!  I'll save you the aisle seat, leave the light on for you and save a Slim Jim for you to snap in to.  We cool, homes?

There.  I feel much better now.  We'll see what happens from there.

You may go on about your business now, bloggers.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment